Sunday, January 23, 2011





Happy New year everyone. I know I am a little late but we have had a very busy start to the year 2011. With this post my blog will began slowly to change. My life is more about bicycles now than cameras. We now have a new business found here Cycle For Fun and it has now been one year since we sold Contact Photo Arts. I am still a part time employee for the new owners of Contact Photo Arts and I am still helping people find the right camera for their needs but I also have other interests, two of which are cycling and travel. Cycle for Fun is a retail home based sales business selling recumbent and semi recumbent bicycles. One of these bicycles folds and fits into a suitcase, perfect for taking your bicycle with you on a holiday. We did just that this January taking a Cruzbike Quest folding recumbent with us to the Canary Islands to visit our daughter who has been living there. If it wasn't for this visit I don't think we would have ever discovered the Canary Islands as it is a place few North Americans seem to visit. This trip was my first with a bicycle in a suitcase. I have always dreamed of landing at an exotic airport, opening my suitcase, putting together my bicycle and riding off into the sunset. I know there are other people with a similar dream, if you are one of them I have published an article Traveling with the Cruzbike Quest. I did take my Panasonic G1 on this trip with just one lens, the 20 mm 1.7, I enjoyed having just one lens and it was also an interesting travel experience for me because as much as I like capturing photos this trip was not just about capturing those photos but also riding through a foreign and very interesting landscape. I will be posting more photos here and in a gallery at Cycle For Fun Happy new year, Bill

No comments: