Thursday, August 14, 2008

These photos have been uploaded with out resizing, the first one was taken with a Polarizing filter.






Here are some more photos from the new Panasonic FZ 28. I took them this morning from the deck while eating my breakfast. This is when I take most of my photos, in the morning with a cup of coffee near by or if you look back you will see there are a few in the evening with maybe a glass of wine close at hand. As to the new Panasonic, I need some time to compare with the FZ18. I have found in the past with new models there can be improvements but often they come at a cost. With market pressure to continually improve a product and then sell it at a lower price some of the changes may not be for the better. I sometimes wonder if the market we have created is working against product improvement. The last models of 35mm film cameras is an example where I often thought the priority was maximizing profit and not improving a product. Stay tuned for more. Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill, great photos.
I'm planning on ordering the FZ-28 myself soon, and since this would be the first time I buy a camera, I was hoping you could tell me exactly what Polarizing Filter you're using or any specifications for the kind/size of PL Filter I would need.

Thanks,
Gaurav S. (dpreview)

Bill Wilby, Editor said...

Hi Gaurav, the filter size on the FZ28 is 46mm. The filter I used was the Hoya HMC cir-pol. You could also us a linear polarizing filter as well with possibly a better effect. The linear will not work with a DSLR. Another choice for a very good filter would be the B+W. Thanks Bill