Friday, January 11, 2008


I have been learning how to test for back and front focusing in SLRs. I have decided to do this as well as checking for dust on the sensor when selling a SLR. I also upgrade the cameras firm ware. For those of you using a DSLR you will understand how important this can be. Checking for dust is easy enough, cleaning it if there is some a little harder. After finding two new out of the box SLR's with dust I think this is a important thing to do. Checking focus required a good camera stand with precise alignment to feel confident in the test results. I had my friend John the machinist build the stand you see in the photo and it works wonderfull. I have more to learn but I have got past the feeling I have opened a can of worms and this will be a usefull tool. Bill

2 comments:

Scotsman said...

It's a shame all retailers can't adopt this approach. I hope you are justly rewarded with sales.

Unknown said...

I've been saying that for a long time scotsman, and agree with you.

It's a pretty easy service, that could save the customers a huge amount of grief.

Most camera related problems are discovered in the first couple of shots, so hopefully Bill's policy will eliminate all potential problems, keeping the customers happy.