Friday, April 06, 2007



Here is an up-date for my fade test that I began four weeks ago. If you look back in the blog it will explain. The best this test can do is try and show the comparison between two different ways you have to print your digital photos. The Fujifilm thermal photo paper is their dye-sub paper used in their quick print kiosks that are starting to appear mostly in stores other than photo labs. Some photo labs also use dye-sub printers with kiosks for a quick print. The only surprise for me was that there is a slight shift to magenta in the silver halide print which is our glossy paper. I am going to compare our gloss to matte next. The change in the thermal print started on day two and is very significant. If you would like to see the prints I have them in the store. If you do go back and read the earlier post please read the comment posted from a reader as the person makes a good point. Also I would like to read what you think about this topic if you would like to add something. P.S if the photo looks a little odd it was taken with a fish eye lens. Bill

No comments: